When I first started going to GenCon, I got to play games wall to wall for four days and it was awesome. These days I spend most of my time working the Green Ronin booth or in meetings. I always try to get in at least one game though, because it wouldn’t be GenCon without it. Oftentimes, it’s a chance to get together with friends from my college game group. This year former Green Ronin developer Rob Schwalb is going to run a 4th edition D&D; game and I need to bring my own character.
Rob is never a man to take the easy way out, so he’s running the game for 21st level characters. One night I finally cracked open Player’s Handbook II to check out the options there but looking through the powers of the different classes just made my eyes glaze over. I realized then that I did not have the time to dedicate to make a proper character of that level.
So I’m running a contest. Here’s how it works:
* Make me a level 21 character you think will be fun to play.
* Magic items of level 22, level 21, level 20, and 225,000 gold pieces.
* Use the character builder or similar to make a character sheet. Pre-figured power cards are a big plus.
* Print the character and mail to the following address:
Green Ronin Publishing
Attn: Chris Pramas
3815 S. Othello St. Suite 100, #304
Seattle, WA 98108
* Characters must be received by August 1, 2009. I will then judge the entries and pick a winner.
* The winner will receive $35 worth of Green Ronin product. This can be print or PDF if you are in the USA, or PDF if you are in another country.
That’s it. So what are you waiting for? Make my character!
That sure IS lazy!! 🙂
I hope you guys do your best to set Chris up with some crazy-ass character!
i smell a gnome warlord …(sniff)
1. Can we submit multiple entries?
2. Would it be helpful to include tactical advice? (Sometimes it's not obvious by looking at the powers… but some people prefer to just wing it.)
3. Any race/class you particularly like or hate? E.g. "I hate elves and never enjoyed playing any sort of religious-themed character." Just curious — I wouldn't want someone to spend a lot of time building a character you are likely to veto at first sight.
This is a really cool idea for a contest!
1. Sure, you can do multiple entries.
2. Tactical advice would be appreciated, especially if the combos are not obvious.
3. Let's just say I'd rather kick ass than help someone else kick ass. I also like trying different things, so you can probably safely skip the vanilla classes.
I was just complaining to someone this weekend that I would never play in another 4e game again because of the ridiculousness that is character creation and leveling!
I can't contribute a character, because I lack the ability to make even a paltry level 4 character, but I hope you get some good entries. 🙂