When I first started going to GenCon, I got to play games wall to wall for four days and it was awesome. These days I spend most of my time working the Green Ronin booth or in meetings. I always try to get in at least one game though, because it wouldn’t be GenCon without it. Oftentimes, it’s a chance to get together with friends from my college game group. This year former Green Ronin developer Rob Schwalb is going to run a 4th edition D&D; game and I need to bring my own character.
Rob is never a man to take the easy way out, so he’s running the game for 21st level characters. One night I finally cracked open Player’s Handbook II to check out the options there but looking through the powers of the different classes just made my eyes glaze over. I realized then that I did not have the time to dedicate to make a proper character of that level.
So I’m running a contest. Here’s how it works:
* Make me a level 21 character you think will be fun to play.
* Magic items of level 22, level 21, level 20, and 225,000 gold pieces.
* Use the character builder or similar to make a character sheet. Pre-figured power cards are a big plus.
* Print the character and mail to the following address:
Green Ronin Publishing
Attn: Chris Pramas
3815 S. Othello St. Suite 100, #304
Seattle, WA 98108
* Characters must be received by August 1, 2009. I will then judge the entries and pick a winner.
* The winner will receive $35 worth of Green Ronin product. This can be print or PDF if you are in the USA, or PDF if you are in another country.
That’s it. So what are you waiting for? Make my character!